Highlights of New 2020 Rolex Releases (Submariner, Oyster Perpetual and more)
Today, let’s talk about some new releases from Rolex, as this is one of the most widely anticipated topic of the whole luxury watch game.
This September Rolex has introduced quite a few new models to their range. Let’s start from, in my opinion, the best model released this month is the new Oyster Perpetual with a range of vibrant dials – that’s what Rolex was lacking.
Now, you have a choice of different sizes and different colours – 28mm, 31mm, 34mm, 36mm and 41mm. In this case, you can create a stunning combination of his & hers Oyster Perpetuals. Depending on the size of the case, you can choose from silver, black, pink, blue (Tiffany), blue (navy), green, orange and yellow. I do love these colours as they remind me of the iconic Stella dials on classic Day-Dates that are now extremely collectible. My personal favourites are green and blue (Tiffany).
Besides, the new case size, dials, The Oyster Perpetual 41 and the new versions of the Oyster Perpetual 36 are equipped with calibre 3230
New Submariners are featured with new movements – Caliber 3230 and 3235 and dial with the Rolex crown between ‘Swiss’ and ‘Made’ at 6 o’clock. What was surprising about the models is that they don’t have a case size of 40mm anymore. They’re 41mm instead. Whilst it might look that the 41mm case would wear too big, I reckon, due to shaved off lugs, the new Submariner would feel very close to the previous version. I’m quite curious about how it feels on the wrist. We’re yet to find out, I guess!
Let’s now focus on the current line up, shall we.
- Rolex Submariner Date 126610LN – black, classic Submariner, 41mm
- Rolex Submariner Non-Date 124060 – black, classic Submariner, 41mm
- Rolex Submariner Date 126610LV – green bezel, black dial, 41mm. There are many nicknames, being tested with this model at the moment – Cermit, Shrek, Starbucks or just Kermit.
- 126613LB – blue bezel, blue dial, 41mm. Classic bi-metal Submariner.
- 126619LB – blue bezel, black dial, 41mm. A quite strange combination to see on a solid gold Submariner. I think this watch is definitely something to see in person, before judging.
New Sky-Dwellers, actually not really new, however this time on Oysterflex strap. My personal opinion is I love these Rolex-made straps – they are absolutely amazing and provide a great comfort. For the most complicated model it means that it’s more wearable and practical and I think that’s a good thing. On top of that, the clasp has a Glidelock extension!
And I think that would be it. These are the main highlights of new Rolex releases.